SPRING is in the air. It’s that time of year when we throw open our windows and brighten our houses with spring flowers. Suddenly, everything is blush, rose, baby pink, mint green or lemon sorbet yellow – think candy necklaces. It’s time to get busy in your kids rooms with our Top 10 pastel pieces….
Even though this trend opens up the inner girly girl in me – we don’t wish to turn our homes into twee sugar plum fairy palaces! So here’s a KSJ TIP for working with pastels: to keep your look sophisticated and contemporary, only use one or two pastel pieces but keep the rest of the room neutral, using complementary shades of soft grey, blue, white, metallics and natural wood. Like this amazing example from Eclectic Trends
Here are my top pastel “pops” to add to your kid’s rooms:
2. This handmade lilac bird ceiling light was inspired by the sparrow. It is made from glazed ceramic and is available in a range of pastel colours. It’s soft glow from it’s chest gives it a cosy and calm appearance which is perfect for a kids room. The Early Bird light is designed by New Yorker Amy Adams of Perch Design. Available from This Modern Life £89.
3.Oh yes to this gorgeous box by H&M Home £6.99.
4. Take a look at this gorgeous pastel pink step ladder shelving from Marks and Spencer £129.
5. Brighten up the walls with these picture frames from Oliver Bonas £70. Fill them with photos of the family, postcard prints or their favourite artwork.
6. And whilst you’re there, these stools are a great example of pastels complimenting wood. Very Scandi! Available from Oliver Bonas £75
7. Geo + Pastel = Winner! Sports Luxe Geo Cushion from Made £15
8. Play-time..kids can hide out in this Arizona Tipi play tent from Nobodinoz from Muna £140
10. Last but oh so not least is this star garland by fab brand Numero 74 from Smallable.
Pastels…who said they were too sugary sweet? With our tips, they are juuuuuuuuuuuuuust right! Get busy.