So your kids have broken up. No school runs. No lunches to make. No morning rush. Yay! Or it it?
Instead – “Mum, I’m bored” “Mum – what can I do now” “Mum can you help me with making this super complex thing on my Rainbow Loom” “Mum – can you play Monopoly with me” “Mum I’m hungry” “Mum – can you switch the TV on, off, change channels, put a DVD on”…..AAAAAAAAARGH!
Roll on September I say. So here are THE things you need to give your kids some back to school cool when that J.O.Y.O.U.S. day comes round! Let’s go!
1. First up is this genius back pack by MadPax – who are just now launching in the UK. My girls have one of these. It’s a piece. Slurple Bubble Full Pack £60 MadPaxWorld. also available at Fenwicks.
2. Next up is this satchel/back-pack by Miniseri. Already a classic design they have made it even better by enabling you to customise it with resin stickers. The Popular stachel €88.50 Miniseri. The one’s on this bag are a collaboration with one of my pet brands, Atsuyo et Akiko €13 Miniseri.
3. If you cannot afford the bag – get the resin stickers and use on another bag. With loads of different designs to choose from, it’s a fully customised win win situation! Mood Colour Gumings €13 by Miniseri.
4. Next up is this edgy little number by mad Dutch company De Kunstboer (the artframer) backpack California €29.95.
5. Next is this skate satchel is bang on for that Ska8ter boy look. By Le Petit Caramel at My Little Square £48.
6. Writers-block? Give them an inspirational pencil message! Tiger mother – moi? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Set of 3 pencils by The Carbon Crusader £2.40 Etsy.
7. How about this pencil case with a bit of ‘tude by brilliant French designer La Cerise sure le Gateau at alexandalexa £23. You say expensive – I say amortise the cost across every minute of the day, and day of the year this baby will get used! Cheap cheap!
8. How inspired are these wellies? Nothing else to add. Love You Forever boot by Mooi en Lief £39.99.
9. Hot off the press, these drinks cans are a lunch box MUST! Designed by Beatrix New York to make younger kids feel part of the ‘Drink from the Can’ more grown-up tribe. Available in the UK at alexandalexa £18.
10. Last, but so not least, on the subject of lunch – how cool is this organic cotton lunch bag? Best of all, it can be machine washed. Bye bye caked-on food grime! Talk about Hippy-chic! £16 from Green Tulip.
So there you go. Follow our stylish lead and your kids will definitely be top of the class! Get busy!