I had me a little meeting last week with the fab Rose and Nicole from Nixie Clothing. They showed me their Ziggy Stardust inspired SS13 line. And I like! Look…
But I wanted MORE MORE MORE. I needed more than just a style fix. And the lovely Rose kindly fed my habit. My chocolate habit….check it ouuuut….Tribe Nixie’s Authentic American Peanut Butter Cups.
Who knew an ex-accountant could be so cool and creative?! Here’s what to do to get your ass to PEANUT BUTTER HEAVEN….
This recipe will make 50 – 70 yummy treats.
- 16-oz Skippy Smooth American Peanut Butter (apparently English brands won’t do!) available from Sainsbury’s £2.28.
- 2 lb high quality chocolate, 1/2 and 1/2 milk and dark works best
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 TBSP butter, softened
- Mini Cupcake Papers Cake Craft World are good for these.
- Empty the peanut butter into a bowl and stir in the caster sugar.
- Mix in the softened butter and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring with a spatula. The chocolate should be smooth and velvety.
- Arrange your cupcake papers onto a baking sheet. Spoon the melted chocolate into the cupcake papers, coating the bottoms and sides entirely & quite thickly. DO NOT LICK YOUR FINGERS PIGGY!
- Set the extra chocolate aside. Once all cupcake papers are coated, place the tray in the fridge to cool for about five to ten minutes.
- Pipe or spoon the peanut butter mixture into the cooled chocolate cups, and then spoon the remaining melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter and place the tray back in the fridge for another 30-minutes to set completely.
- Serve and enjoy (not very American, but they are super awesome served with a piping hot cup of tea).
So there you go people, now that bikini-time has long gone – wrap your lipsticked chops around this recipe. Oh, and your kids might like it too – but be warned it can cause THIS look….