It’s a Back to School Fest here at KSJ HQ. It’s only been a matter of days since our kids broke up – and already we a longing to wave them off! So we’ve done our general Back to School round-up – but today – this is one for any budding boffins out there.
Ok so I’ll admit it straight away – I was a total science N.E.R.D at school.. so I have had such nostalgic fun writing this post! Here are my top 5 science related Back to School MUST-HAVES!
1. It’s the night before the new term and time to pack your new school bag. How about these chemistry inspired crayon labels to put you straight to the top of the class. Available from Que Interesante on Etsy £3.61 (for 48 labels)
2. L.O.V.I.N.G this lunchbox, very Breaking Bad. I’m taking ALL the credit for the CHEF part though! It must be referring to moi, lunch-maker extraordinaire and not my little angels to whom the label of chef would NEVER apply! Or for the ULTIMATE in SWOTINESS check out the one with the whole periodic table. Available from Zazzle £33.95
3. Let the kids brush up on their body parts over the summer with these plush organ soft toys. Each one comes with a hangtag to explain the function of the body part in a cute “Hello Kitty” kind of way. One of my faves is Brain Power! Available from I Heart Guts $20
4. How great are these Einstein welly boots by Mooi en Lief £39.99. Perfect for exploring local flora and fauna in the rain. Will they notice the logo on these boots is upside down and make Einstein proud?
5. Let their scientific imagination roam free with this molecule building set by Ferm Living. Made from carved beech and maple wood, this set contains 24 atoms in a variety of colours and wooden connecting sticks, all housed in an easy-to-store box. AND of major interest to us…once built, it looks like a P.I.E.C.E. for the coffee table, bookshelf or desk. Perfect for the budding chemist. Available from Nest £49
Who ever said science was dull…get busy experimenting. And for once – we’re not talking about with clothes!