We take Halloween very very seriously in our household. The girls have been planning their outfits for months. I am very busy with the menu and decorations for our Halloween party. My husband….well, he will just turn up and eat all the kids treats. But let us not get started down that route eh?
So I thought I would share one of the items on our menu for this year – Jelly Injections. Let’s get busy…
You will need:
- 2 different flavoured ready to make jellies – ideally contrasting colours. Hartley’s Strawberry Jelly and Lime Jelly £0.54 Tesco.
- Small jam jars – pack of 6 £5.95 Amazon.
- Medicine syringes – pack of 10 £1.99 Amazon.
- Make up each jelly according to the insructions on the packet. Let the mixture cool for around 5/10 minutes at room tempereature.
- Open a syringe and suck up the jelly mixture to the maximum level. Do this in equal numbers between the two jelly flavours. Just to be clear if any of you have baby brain – if you are going to make eight jellies – suck up four syringes of one flavour (strawberry) and four of the other (lime).
- Pour the two jelly flavours into the small jam jars in equal quantities i.e. four strawberry, four lime. Do not overfill the jars as you will add your syringe full of jelly in a minute.
- Place the syringes full of jelly into their opposite flavours i.e. strawberry syringe into lime jelly and vice versa.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve and make your Halloween horrors scream with delight!
Oh the simplest things are sometimes the cleverest no? Get Halloween busy today.