A brilliant new exhibition hits the V&A this month – Shoes: Pleasure and Pain. This exhibition will look at the extremes of footwear from around the globe, presenting around 200 pairs of shoes ranging from a sandal decorated in pure gold leaf originating from ancient Egypt to the most elaborate designs by contemporary makers. All I know is that in my life, it always seems the prettier the shoe, the more pain!
And if that’s not inspiration enough to get busy with summer shoes, here’s something for you. My Top 10!
Well, according to the bleeding calendar – summer is upon us. Now for me, who is always cold, the idea of my little pedicured tootsies even peeping out of a sandal, sends shivers, literally, down my spine. However whether we like it or not, summer stock will be exiting stores soon to make way for winter clothes – so we need to get our kids’ summer shoe act together. Pronto. Let’s go!
1. I love everything by fave brand of mine Louise Misha – she owns summer! €65
2.I love these slip-ons from Gap £14.95.
3. H&M have made these winner lace-up espadrilles. Needed! £9.99.
4. If you know the Ancient Greek Sandals brand you will know where the inspiration came for these Zara numbers! Feather strap sandals £29.99.
5. Love a bit of leopard? These Mini Boden sandals are for you! From £28.
6. No summer sandals post can not include Salt Water Sandals. They are leather yet can be worn in and out of water. Oh, and they are stylish and literally the only sandals to fit my kids’ narrow feet as they are adjustable in two places. LOVE! From £40.
7. Bensimon for Bonpoint £36. Amazing amazing.
8. Oh yes to these mesh plimsolls £17.99 Zara.
9. These Eolios Twotone Sandals in Raspberry red by Manuela de Juan are so beautiful, I could cry. £54.68 Smallable.
10. Last but so not even vaguely least, laceless, cool, summer action by Next from £11.
I suppose worst case scenario and summer doesn’t really rear its head, you can wear your uber cool summer shoes down to the exhibition for shelter from the rain for a stylish fun day out!! Get busy.