I’m bored of cakes. They promise so much – but deliver so little. Unless of course you are trying to gain weight. In which case they deliver a whole load – and more. Instead, for Easter – we are making this confetti popcorn as it’s easy to make, tastes yum, looks great and somehow could maybe be interpreted as erm..being one of your five a day.
- Popcorn (can you ready-made or microwave too) £1.29 Ocado
- White cooking chocolate broken into pieces £2.45 Ocado
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening £3.50 Ocado
- Pinch of salt (optional if you like that sweet salt thing that I am obsessed by)
- Confetti/Sprinkles £1.25 Ocado
- Make the popcorn according to the instructions. You will probably need to do this in batches to get a decent volume of popcorn.
- Once popped pour into a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a low heat and add the shortening. This will thin the chocolate slightly.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn in the bowl and mix it around.
- Empty the popcorn onto trays lined with greaseproof paper that fit into your fridge. Spread them as thinly/flat as possible.
- Sprinkle the confetti evenly across the popcorn.
- Put the trays of popcorn into the fridge to harden for 30 minutes.
- Remove the trays from the fridge and break up the popcorn (it will have stuck together like a giant popcorn bar). If you have spread the popcorn thinly on the trays – you should be able to have the popcorn as individual pieces.
- Pour into a large bowl or into funky containers. I’m loving these retro ones £1.99 Partyrama.
- Impress everyone with your cooking prowess.
- Stuff your face. Happy Eater! I mean Easter!