The Christmas lights are up…the festive songs are playing…we’re eating lots of chocolate…this is our cue to get busy and join in with the festive spirit.
First thing’s first, it’s countdown time. Here are my Top 5 STYLISH advent calendars to get your household into the Christmas spirit.
1. First up is this super chic Numero 74 advent calendar. 24 little treats in paper stars. There are different fillers for boys and girls…the boys get goodies such as pirate eye patches and a fabric watch whereas the girly one has a necklace, bracelet and magic wand. Smallable €57.
2. I’m a huge fan of Ferm Living, so they were an obvious place to look when researching this piece. And they didn’t disappoint..L.O.V.I.N.G this little house. If only they would come round and wrap all my presents so beautifully. Cissy Wears £46
3. Something a little more girly from Meri Meri at Oliver Bonas £18. This Nutcracker themed music box comes with a bracelet and 23 charms so that by Christmas Day you have your very first present already waiting.
So far, so lacking in sugar…but….
4. If you are more into gingerbread than chocolate, this is the edible one for you. A gingerbread treat every day in December. I think it’s only fair that these are shared around the whole family! John Lewis £12
5. Like a Xmas puppy for a present, this one’s for keeps. This wooden reindeer advent calendar has teeny-tiny pull out draws for you to fill with 25 little pre-Christmas surprises. Selfridges £44.95
Now all you need to do, is find the treats to fill them !! ARGHHH!
But wait – we love you and we don’t want you to furrow your brows and risk getting lines darlings. The fabulous people at My Little Day have just the solution for you! 24 hand-picked treats for boys, girls or both for you to fill your calendar up with. PHEW! €20 My Little Day.
So guys, thanks to KSJ we’re now ready to count down in style to the time of year when we get fatter, poorer but oh so much happier!