Our favourite baking genius pal from Lily’s Sweet Factory has a real treat in store for us today. She shows us how to make these…and let me tell you – even I can make them AND there’s no baking involved!
Here’s what you need…
- Shop bought square shaped fruit cake - Tesco do one £8 that has 20 servings.
- Natural Marzipan Tesco £1.74
- White fondant icing Tesco £1.64
- Ready coloured icing Tesco £1.69
- Apricot baking glaze Sainsburys 99p
- Icing cutters Amazon from £4.50
- Bow cutter Cake Craft Shop £3.75
- Red Sugar Pearls Cake Craft Shop £2.29
And do this….
Cut the fruit cake in to cubes of equal size.
Brush the apricot glaze on the fruit cake to make it sticky.
Roll out the marzipan with the rolling pin, and cover the sticky fruitcake.
Cut to size and then once again brush the apricot glaze over the marzipan covering.
Now, cover the sticky marzipan with the rolled out fondant icing and cut to make the shape of a present using a palette knife.
Use your coloured icings and shaped cutters to create your favourite decoration on your fruitcake mini gift boxes!
The icing shapes will stick to the fondant icing with a touch of the Apricot glaze.
So there you are. A simple way to elevate you to a master baker AND make a great activity for you to do with your kids. WIN WIN!